Himalayan Volunteers Program offers a unique opportunity for interested individuals, couples, groups and organizations, to make a contribution to Nepali society. Volunteers can experience the rich culture and natural splendor of daily life in Nepal.
Volunteers don’t need any degree or experience, and Himalayan Volunteers will strongly encourage all applicants. We only have 2 requirements for our volunteers:
– a positive attitude
– a strong desire to help the peoples
We charge our volunteers a nominal amount for raising funds.
Our organization has no external funding and is relying on the volunteer program fees to be able to work and carry out all of our projects.
We are trying very hard to keep our costs down because we realize that volunteers are making a big sacrifice and have saved for a long time to come to Nepal.
The cost we quote is in US Dollars and Euros but we do accept payment in any currency.
This fee includes:
• Pick up from the airport or buspark , transport to your placement
• Accommodation and main meals during placement
• Accommodation during language course and orientation
• Cultural sight-seeing and hiking
• Placement donation
• Cultural/Orientation course
• Legal services
The fee does not include:
• Personal Insurance
• Flights (Domestic and International)
• Laundry service
• Drinks & Bar Bills
• Visa fees
• Email, Internet
• Recreational Activities
Why pay to volunteer?
By volunteering in Himalayan Volunteers, the program fee will cover for most costs such as food, accommodation, transportation, transfers, project selection etc.
Whatever is left of the program fee is used exclusively in support of Himalayan Volunteers :
• Advertising Online/Offline
• Salaries for staff
• Communication with volunteers and partners, by phone/email etc.
• Website maintenance
• Government taxes
• Volunteer recruitment